Be a Part of the Solution
NIC takes the health and safety of all attendees seriously, which is why we are requiring every attendee to provide proof of vaccination and their photo, in a simple, secure online process handled by Safe Expo. We are working in close partnership with Safe Expo and Marriott to best align with the latest guidelines for COVID-19 safety. To that end, circumstances may require us to revise our safety protocols as needed.
A person is considered fully vaccinated to be admitted to the Conference if they are:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Final doses of your vaccination must be completed by Sunday, October 17, 2021 to gain entry to the 2021 NIC Fall Conference. If a conference registrant or NIC staff member does not meet these requirements, they are NOT considered fully vaccinated and will not be permitted to enter.
NIC strongly encourages attendees to wear masks at the conference when they are not eating, drinking, or presenting (if a speaker).
NIC’s current plans include numerous safety protocols to ensure attendee safety, from pre-event to onsite resources to post-show check-ins with attendees:
- Pandemic Compliance Advisor through every stage of event planning
- Commitment to monitor and align with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Additional cleaning measures in frequently-used event spaces
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Modifications to event settings that help mitigate risks, such as format of educational sessions, adjusted spacing of seating in session room and networking areas, and food/beverage service protocols.
- Safe Expo compliance:
- Vaccine card uploads (deleted after verification)
- Onsite health safety liaison and ambassadors
- Post-conference monitoring and communications
- Outdoor respite spaces
- Marriott “Commitment to Clean” protocols:
- Hospital grade disinfectants
- Frequent cleanings of public spaces
- In-room disinfectant wipes
- Electrostatic sprayers
- Anti-viral air purifying systems
- Social distancing protocols
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Independent compliance audits
- Staff sanitation and disinfection training
- Contactless hotel check-in with the Marriott Bonvoy app
- Mailing badges and PPE kits to early registrants to reduce queuing
Code of Conduct as of June 1
NIC seeks to promote healthy behaviors and maintain healthy environments to reduce risk of the spread COVID-19 while at the 2021 NIC Fall Conference. We are working collaboratively with our partners Safe Expo and Marriott Marquis Houston to align with the latest guidelines for COVID-19 safety. We appreciate your cooperation in ensuring a safe and healthy environment for you, our attendees and others. By attending the 2021 NIC Fall Conference, you agree to all of the following:
- I agree not to travel if I or a member of my household or a guest feel sick.
- I will not attend the NIC Conference if I or a member of my household or a guest feel sick.
- I will not attend the NIC Conference if I tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- I will use hand sanitization stations.
- I will follow social distancing guidelines and traffic flow signs.
- I will cover my mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing or cough into my elbow and cover my mouth.
- I will wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitization stations.
- I will wash my hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- I will greet everyone in a safe, professional, and friendly way.
- I agree to follow safety protocols in place at the NIC Conference, the Hotel and all other local and state public health guidance and laws.
- I agree to cooperate with NIC, the Hotel and public health officials regarding investigations and reporting of COVID-19 infections or suspected infections prior to, during and after the Conference.
- I will be considerate, kind and safe (while at the Conference and otherwise).