All attendees, speakers, and staff participating in the event must be fully vaccinated OR show proof of a negative COVID-19 test (Antigen, NAAT Molecular or PCR) that has been administered by an accredited lab, pharmacy, or clinic no more than 48 hours prior to badge pick-up.
While it is recommended that attendees take a covid test before traveling to the event, covid tests will be available and administered by a professional onsite for $95.
A person is considered fully vaccinated* to be admitted to the Conference if they are:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Final doses of your vaccination must be completed by Tuesday, August 30, 2022 to gain entry to the 2022 NIC Fall Conference.
*If the definition of “fully vaccinated” changes to include a booster, NIC will update its policy on the event website and inform registered attendees.
If you submitted your vaccination record for the 2021 NIC Fall Conference or the 2022 NIC Spring Conference, you do not need to resubmit the information. Check your confirmation e-mail for your vaccination card status after you register.
Circumstances may require us to revise our safety protocols as needed. If the definition of fully vaccinated changes to include a booster, NIC will update its policy on the event website and inform registered attendees.
NIC is currently not requiring attendees to wear masks at the conference. NIC will continue to monitor and align policies with guidelines and will inform attendees of any changes to our policy regarding masks.
NIC’s current plans include numerous safety protocols to ensure attendee safety, from pre-event to onsite resources to post-show check-ins with attendees:
- Pandemic Compliance Advisor through every stage of event planning
- Commitment to monitor and align with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Additional cleaning measures in frequently-used event spaces
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Modifications to event settings that help mitigate risks, such as the format of educational sessions, adjusted spacing of seating in the session room and networking areas, and food/beverage service protocols.
- Safe Expo compliance:
- Vaccine card uploads
- On-site Covid-19 testing
- Onsite health safety liaison and ambassadors
- Marriott Marquis’s Safe & Clean program actively monitors and evolves our solutions to ensure they adhere to local government requirements. Full details on their Commitment to Clean program can be found here.
- Mailing badges to early registrants to reduce queuing
Code of Conduct as of May 11
NIC seeks to promote healthy behaviors and maintain healthy environments to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 while at the 2022 NIC Fall Conference. We are working collaboratively with Safe Expo to align with the latest guidelines for COVID-19 safety. We appreciate your cooperation in ensuring a safe and healthy environment for you, our attendees and others. By attending the 2022 NIC Fall Conference, you agree to all of the following:
- I agree not to travel if I or a member of my household or a guest feel sick.
- I will not attend the NIC Conference if I or a member of my household or a guest feel sick.
- I will not attend the NIC Conference if I tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- I will use hand sanitization stations.
- I will follow social distancing guidelines and traffic flow signs.
- I will cover my mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing or cough into my elbow and cover my mouth.
- I will wash my hands frequently and use hand sanitization stations.
- I will wash my hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- I will greet everyone in a safe, professional, and friendly way.
- I agree to follow safety protocols in place at the NIC Conference, the Hotel and all other local and state public health guidance and laws.
- I agree to cooperate with NIC, the Hotel and public health officials regarding investigations and reporting of COVID-19 infections or suspected infections prior to, during and after the Conference.
- I will be considerate, kind, and safe (while at the Conference and otherwise).
Marriott Marquis Washington D.C.
CDC Web site